Impalas.net banner

409 engines

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  paintjohn1 
#1 ·
does anyone know of any engine builders that are making reproduction 409 engine blocks & heads? Possibly in aluminum?

#2 ·
SAM,Edelbrock will be coming out with 2 different sets of Aluminum heads(big exhaust heads and smaller exhaust heads) in about 2 months.Also they will be making 2-3 different intake manifolds as well to fit larger heads and the smaller port heads as well.For more info go to www.348-409.com .On that site there is all kinds of info for these unbelievable "W" blocks. John

Oh Yeah Sam,Excellent choice in motors.Attention you get at cruise ins and shows is absolutely unbelievable.I also own a 409/425hp 1964 Impala( see my website, http://community.webshots.com/user/paintjohn1 ).I bought the car new,its amazing how over the years,at first the 409 was everybodies dream,in the 70's and 80's you could not give these engines away ,and now ther'ye highly sought after bringing unbelievable amounts of money just to purchase.I would say that because the 409 was a barely a 5 year motor ,it is as rare as a Hemi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.