Impalas.net banner

741 - 760 of 938 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #743

notice how we cut a plate and installed and welded solid where the recess was , instead of takin the easy or cheap route and spreading bondo as some other shops do , we welded all seams solid on the firewall and made filler plates for entire firewall

:)
will have a thin layer or filler but thats with all sheet metal work

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #744
here some more updates from today

notice again didnt take the easy route and just hold a bigger piece on the back side and weld in , all pieces was fit per hole

next pic seemed kinda fitting for the name of car

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #745
posted via david -
so we worked on bent today , but we had a insurance job come in first thing so here the pics

now on to bent

the 6. who

had to make sure we had plenty of room

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #748
none of it has been grinded yet , of the progress from the 2 hours i worked on it today , will post more pics when get farther along

if anyone is wondering yes i left the roundede hump in fire wall as small as possible , due to shaving the wipers and they will / are going to be 100% operational , hump had to be there for the wiper arm clearance ,but im happy with the way it blended in to the rest of the molding process , skim had said shave the firewall but i may have took it to another level than he was anticipating , in my opinion , shaving the firewall means EVERYTHING , not just a few sections
guess that comes from the mini truck world

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #749
thats all I have for now. I will be posting the pics as they come in which is pretty regularly with him. I just didnt want to come in here unless I had something to contribute to the topic. Im ready to get it back on track again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Awesome to see you back, joined a couple a months ago, and did read up on your thread! Cool that you found the energy and passion to get going again.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good to see you moving again. Sorry to hear you got caught in body shop hell. It happens to those of us who can't do all the paint & body work.
Keep it up!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great thread! That's a kick *** place up in N.C.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So glad to see you back and posting! Right now some of the photos aren't showing up, but looking forward to see how this progresses. I am a VW fan, too. Did you get any VW stuff while out in NC?

Bob Jordan

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #758
thanks everybody. The following pics are right from David of David's Impalas who is doing all the rest of the body and paint on my car.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #759
so everyone knows how ugly the front body mounts are on the impalas , , , , , , , , , , , , , , i think you can guess whats next haha

i forgot to take a pic of how i did a cage nut , but i havnt done the drivers side yet due to needed 3 carrage bolts and the hardware was / is closed at 7 when i started working on it again , will take pics of it when i do drivers side tomorrow

had this area where it had 3 sunken ribs also , so i made a plate to fill that area

also i welded all factory seams solid so there should be no cracking in body filler when the hydro action occures

most has been grinded and cant really see much progress in pics between grinding so i didnt take any

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #760
wi[er motor relocated on the inside of the car behind the dash so it still fully functional

allmost ready for primer

jeremy puttin in work on bent , he is great on body shaping and finishing touches , he not a big fan of sheet metal work

741 - 760 of 938 Posts