Impalas.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,590 Posts
I don't recognize it as '62 Impala, but could be Bel-Air or Biscayne. If no one jumps in, you might want to watch some YouTube videos on original '61's and '62's and see what car it matches. I use YouTube quite a bit for reference, lol.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't recognize it as '62 Impala, but could be Bel-Air or Biscayne. If no one jumps in, you might want to watch some YouTube videos on original '61's and '62's and see what car it matches. I use YouTube quite a bit for reference, lol.
Yep as do I, but I have not seen that pattern on anything 61-62 all 3 models.

· Registered
1,590 Posts
Yep as do I, but I have not seen that pattern on anything 61-62 all 3 models.
That would prove that it is not '61-'62 Chevy anyway. I would now try '63-'64. Also could be another GM, although those models usually have pretty fancy upholstery.

· Registered
491 Posts
just looked at the ad, and noticed two things.
1) has no ashtray built into the back of the seat, didn't they put those in them?
2) the seller; I know the seller (but never spoke with) because of all the stuff he posts on Craigslist, he is a shop.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just looked at the ad, and noticed two things.
1) has no ashtray built into the back of the seat, didn't they put those in them?
2) the seller; I know the seller (but never spoke with) because of all the stuff he posts on Craigslist, he is a shop.

"shop" meaning reseller/flipper

· Registered
1,590 Posts
There were no Ash Trays in the back of '61 to '64 Seats. Rear Trays were in the Arm Rests.

· Registered
491 Posts
"shop" meaning reseller/flipper
correct. he posts a couple items per week constantly from assorted stuff. some used, some new. it annoys me because it's repetitive crp and he's a business NOT an owner, but at least he's not like some of the sellers from California (out in Palm what-ever) who will post 20 multiple separate related items, and then re-post two days later the same items, just to get them to the top of the list.

example
1) original hold-down nut from an alternator brace on a '65 BBC
2) original bracket for an alternator on a '65 BBC
3) original bolt to hold said bracket from an alternator brace on a '65 BBC
4) original pulley for said alternator on a '65 BBC
5) original bolts to hold pulley on alternator from a '65 BBC

they just pss me off when they do that. put 'em all in 1 post dammit!

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
correct. he posts a couple items per week constantly from assorted stuff. some used, some new. it annoys me because it's repetitive crp and he's a business NOT an owner, but at least he's not like some of the sellers from California (out in Palm what-ever) who will post 20 multiple separate related items, and then re-post two days later the same items, just to get them to the top of the list.

example
1) original hold-down nut from an alternator brace on a '65 BBC
2) original bracket for an alternator on a '65 BBC
3) original bolt to hold said bracket from an alternator brace on a '65 BBC
4) original pulley for said alternator on a '65 BBC
5) original bolts to hold pulley on alternator from a '65 BBC

they just pss me off when they do that. put 'em all in 1 post dammit!
Thanks, I sent him a message turning it down

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have bought several things thru him already, but I dont have that budget for his pricing on seats lol! Also wiper motors... who would have thought those would cost you your arm leg and first born lol!

· Registered
1,590 Posts
I've got a '64 Impala Front Seat that I would sell, but I don't believe you are close enough to SW Virginia to pick it up.

· Registered
9 Posts
I have bought several things thru him already, but I dont have that budget for his pricing on seats lol! Also wiper motors... who would have thought those would cost you your arm leg and first born lol!
I hear ya. Ya know all of the x frame car dimensions were very close. If the bolt pattern fits your floor holes I would think it was usable in your car.

· Registered
1,590 Posts
very true! But finding parts/parts cars have been rough for me thus far.
Smaller parts can be shipped. I have 6 '61's, 9 '62's, 13 '63's and 11 '64's as well as 100's of other misc parts if you need any others.

Reactions: cl08
1 - 20 of 20 Posts