Impalas.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys:

I need a sanity check! I'm replacing the quarters on my '62 bubbletop. I purchased Classic Industries full quarter part numbers 153831 and 153832 from Summit Racing and it looks like the top area on the new parts aren't the same as my originals. Specifically, I'm talking about the area of the quarters that interfaces with the roof/trunk lid area. The Classic quarters are flatter than my originals.

Am I correct in saying that the Classic Industries quarters are for non-bubbletop '62 full-size Chevys and that they won't fit my car? If the Classic Industries quarters I bought won't fit my car what are guys doing when replacing full quarters on ’62 bubbletops? Does anyone make '62 bubbletop specific quarters? Are guys modifying the Classic quarters to fit? If so how exactly?

Thanks for your help!

Keith

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with those quarters, but I would say that they are made for Sport Coupe cars only. I doubt anyone is making Bubble Top quarters as there weren't enough of them made to make it worth it for them to make a profit on it. For full quarters I would say that good used would be about the only way to go or possibly just use a section of them. If no '62 Bubble Top guys jump in, I would check with the 348-409 guys. There are some Bubble Top owners there. Without comparing and by memory, '61 Bubble Top quarters are similar, but I believe the Gas Door is in a different position, as well as the wheel well opening and, of course, the rear sheet metal. That is if they even make quarters for the '61. Here is the 348-409 site link:

Reactions: 65_&_67_Impala
1 - 2 of 2 Posts