Impalas.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1962 Impala that I completed a frame off restoration two years ago. All new brake everything, master cylinder, lines, blocks, wheel cylinders, shoes and hardware. Brakes worked fine within about five miles of my house and for two years. I went to a show about 25 miles away with mostly interstate driving. When I got there, brakes worked fine at registration but when I pulled out, at least one wheel was dragging hard almost burning the clutch to move. After it cooled down, it returned to being fine. This spring I decided to see if I could find the problem. Both rear shoes were on backwards (long shoe in front). I changed them and changed right rear cylinder. Wasn’t leaking but had rust in one side of boot. I’ve bled all four brakes but I can’t get a pedal even after pumping. I need help please. My wife can’t take much more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
check brake fluid level in you master. make sure your master was bled correctly and no leaks
spin one tire at a time then have some apply the brakes this will verify brake pads are touching drums.and that wheel cylinder's are working.
check to make sure you installed the brake springs on correct they are installed opposite way on each side
bleed from farthest to closest to master so rear passenger driver rear passenger front driver side.
I have one of those too (wife) so I feel your pain lol tell her to chill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts