Impalas.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally stumped on this one.

When activating turn signals, both fronts flash and the same time while rear work proper.

So here's the work up. I installed new light, engine and wiper harnesses this winter and everything worked fine as they should. The rears where kinda wore out so I installed new Digi-tails led lights in the rear. Right after that install both fronts flash at the same time. The led's have a regular and sequential mode and it happens on both modes. All wires in the rear match up to where they need to go and all rears work proper. The headlight and turn signal switches have been replaced after the rear led's due to other problems with no change to front turns. It has an electronic flasher plugged into the fuse block. I've looked but could not find any other flasher since i'm sure there are no hazards on it (yes/no?).

What am I missing?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Elec flasher did come with the kit. Normal flasher lights but does not flash(both fronts light same). And yes original fuse block.
if a normal flasher just lights up but does not flash LEDs while the electronic flasher does flash, then it sounds like it is working properly.
I just re-read original post and it looks like you replaced the front light harness and you say it worked properly. then you got this Digi-tail thing and that's when it went screwy.
some thoughts:
-have you contacted the manufacturer to see if they know about it?
-without knowing your wiring setup and where you connected things, have you gone back thru checking the connections?
-do you also have LED bulbs in the front? (I'm assuming you do based on flasher evaluation)
-I would usually say check grounds but they are flashing and it is a new wiring harness AND you said it worked on initial install

ergo, either something has changed in the wiring, or something has been hooked up wrong

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a thought at work today and the next chance I get im unpluging the front light harness from the block and checking continuity between the 2 front turn power wires. Just to make sure nothing happened to the harness.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I had a thought at work today and the next chance I get im unpluging the front light harness from the block and checking continuity between the 2 front turn power wires. Just to make sure nothing happened to the harness.
just remember to remove any grounds otherwise you'll be completing a circuit thru the frame

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: Solved. So, I finally got a chance to work on the lights and straight to the point is that the driver side plastic turn signal wire plug which has 2 wires going into it (1 right turn 2 parking) Is where the problem was. That plug twists in from the back and the bulb twists in from the front pushing the contacts with the springs on them to hold everything together tight. Turns out the turn contact was pushing sideways making contact with the springs of the parking light which sent power to the passenger bulb through the parking wire and made it flash. I put a piece of electrical tape to separate the springs until I can find a led replacement for the entire turn housings (if they make them).(y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts