Impalas.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me decode this ACC code. Style is 64 1847 Trim is 874 Paint 936

on the fourth line it reads:

ACC W2MSR5V

I have mixed info that the W stands for group 1? however, the rest does not follow any of the options charts online.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank You

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me decode this ACC code. Style is 64 1847 Trim is 874 Paint 936

on the fourth line it reads:

ACC W2MSR5V

I have mixed info that the W stands for group 1? however, the rest does not follow any of the options charts online.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank You
To those of you who are going to help I think I figured it out.

W is group 1 = tinted windshield
2=group 2 and M = powerglide and S=rear manual antenna and R =rear seat speaker
5-group 5 and V=seatbelts

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
To those of you who are going to help I think I figured it out.

W is group 1 = tinted windshield
2=group 2 and M = powerglide and S=rear manual antenna and R =rear seat speaker
5-group 5 and V=seatbelts

Thank you!
For best de-coding information, visit Warren’s page:

Paul

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can anyone help me decode a 1964 cowl tag? i did a quick search and got some info but
i am still missing information. i am looking to get full information. Below is the cowl info and what I got from research.

10C - Car built 3rd week Oct 1963
1447- 2dr SS coupe
Body- VN ( Van Nuys, CA) 2690 sequence #
Trim- 879 Red (interior)
Paint- 922 Ember Red
Accessory codes - W tinted windshield
2Q 4 speed
3C Padded dash
5V seat belts
16 ?

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can anyone help me decode a 1964 cowl tag? i did a quick search and got some info but
i am still missing information. i am looking to get full information. Below is the cowl info and what I got from research.

10C - Car built 3rd week Oct 1963
1447- 2dr SS coupe
Body- VN ( Van Nuys, CA) 2690 sequence #
Trim- 879 Red (interior)
Paint- 922 Ember Red
Accessory codes - W tinted windshield
2Q 4 speed
3C Padded dash
5V seat belts
16 ?
16 is the day code that aligns with the date code of 10C so this car was broadcast by Fisher on October 16th, 1963. The cowl tag is a reproduction, so the VIN tag will confirm (if it's original) if the car was a V8 SS, but cannot confirm if the transmission is original. I presume all the other codes were simply copied off the original cowl tag.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
16 is the day code that aligns with the date code of 10C so this car was broadcast by Fisher on October 16th, 1963. The cowl tag is a reproduction, so the VIN tag will confirm (if it's original) if the car was a V8 SS, but cannot confirm if the transmission is original. I presume all the other codes were simply copied off the original cowl tag.
Repro on the trim tag, interesting haven’t seen much in the way of 64 trim tag repros. Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts