Impalas.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed new hood hinges and hood springs on my 1964 Impala SS and the hood still will not stay up. I purchased both the springs and hinges from Classic Industries. I have checked with other parts suppliers and most tell me no one makes reproduction springs for 63-64 Impalas. Anyone have any ideas on why the hood will not stay up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I did not save the old springs. Someone told me Paddock GM springs solved a similar problem. I have been on the Paddock website, found the springs, and tried to call them the last three days. I get a recording saying they are closed even though it is during their normal business hours. Can they be out of business?

Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have installed new hood hinges and hood springs on my 1964 Impala SS and the hood still will not stay up. I purchased both the springs and hinges from Classic Industries. I have checked with other parts suppliers and most tell me no one makes reproduction springs for 63-64 Impalas. Anyone have any ideas on why the hood will not stay up?
I've had this issue, a friend of mine in my car club is having this issue, and another guy I met is having this issue. Apparently, there is a batch of springs that were made in china, and they were cut too short. You need to get original GM hood hinges. My friend talked to a guy at SINCLAIRS and they have GM hood springs for a 63/64 impala going for $25 a spring. These are the ones you need. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts