Impalas.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First would like to say this is a great place for info! I have been reading and usually find the answer I am looking for so thanks to you all.

My problem is my rear signal lights are not turning on in the dash or rear, gen light does come on. When I press the brake and signal to the left - the right brake light comes on constant and left goes out. This is the same with the right signal as well. I just replaced the starter and voltage regulator.

Is this a bad ground?

I read a post that he was having this same problem but never got to the conclusion because he had a fire in his vehicle that got him to replace the whole harness. I would love to just cruise for the rest of this summer before restoring and replacing to the American classic update. Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
13,076 Posts
Plastics where a new invention in 1964. The white nylon used to form your turn signal is hard and brittle by now and the springiness is long gone. It may well be broken. You will need a few inexpensive tools to take apart the steering column far enough to inspect or to replace the turn signal.

If the bulb is blown in the dash the turn signal will not work. So since that is the cheapest part to replace and no tools are needed I would swap out the bulbs first.

Big Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the thing, they where working before I replaced these parts. Checked fuses and they are fine also, guess I will pull the lights on dash and check them next. Let me know if you have any other ideas. Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts