Impalas.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and tried a quick search with no luck. Can someone point me in the direction of a set for my rear seat belts for my 64 2dr. Not sure size and what will fit. It's cozy, but the wife and kiddo in the front seat is a no go for every trip.

·
Premium Member
13,147 Posts
In 1964 front seat belts were an option. No hope of finding factory original belts so you need to look at aftermarket.

If originality is an issue (like I said they didn't have rear seat belts back then) you can find some front belts and have the buckles sewn onto fresh factory colored webbing to have a factory look. Actually I recommend doing that for your front belts as well as sunlight, and all of the condiments off those billions of MacDonald burgers sold take their toll on the factory webbing.

Big Dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I think I found some aftermarket ones which will be fine until I do my full restoration some day.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
You can find used originals on ebay and have them restored:

https://www.ssnake-oyl.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Ssnake-Oyl&Category_Code=RS

And, as you discovered, there are generic belts available. Some even have webbing that kinda matches the interior color. I had my original front belts restored by Ssnake-oyl and put some generics in back. I did pick up some ebay originals to restore someday for the back seat. So far, they just sit in a box waiting ;D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can find used originals on ebay and have them restored:

https://www.ssnake-oyl.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Ssnake-Oyl&Category_Code=RS

And, as you discovered, there are generic belts available. Some even have webbing that kinda matches the interior color. I had my original front belts restored by Ssnake-oyl and put some generics in back. I did pick up some ebay originals to restore someday for the back seat. So far, they just sit in a box waiting ;D

Thank you for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts