Impalas.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
by some kind of miracle I found a guy here in the UK with all the interior roof moldings that are missing on mine and will allow me to finish the roof.
I have new headliner and the wires that go across.. and now, all the moldings :) oh and even bought an original steering wheel and everything! Just a shame the centre is not in the best condition, there's no bits missing, but its all cracked.

I'm after some advice regarding the headliner.
I can see that on the top of the windshiled and rear window there some kind of soft felt with a load of staples - I'm guessing this is where you stretch the headlines to and then staple it down.. correct?
What about the sides? is there something like that? I dont have it, but might be missing? or is the headliner just tucked in and held my the molding??

And a request for photos if someone could help? or advice on the A pilar moldings?
My dash seem to have been fitted with some plastic cover material that is not the best fit, but will need to trimmed for sure..... could someone send me a photo of this area to see how its supposed to look like please?

thanks!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you doing it or having it installed by a trimmer?
I'm doing it myself.
I do everything myself... I've done interiors before but never a headliner.

Ive read and seen some videos and understand its not the easiest of things to do but I'll give it a go when I've gathered enough advice and feel confident about it.

Not to sound big headed but I find my way through things, specially when people tell me I can't do it and have to take it to a professional... I feel like a challenge.
Last time was about my 74 van seats. I went, bought a walking foot sweing machine, a bunch of material, read, watched YouTube videos... And this was my first project... Doors and seats.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,598 Posts
I'm with you, I do my own work as well. Just make sure the bows go in the headliner in the correct order. Sides will need spray glue, and won't hurt on the front as well.

Nice short vid that should help:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
excellent!! thanks for that video!! I have looked at loads of videos and not seen one that good and simple, even watched some on the Meca upholstery youtube channel that I used a lot when I was learning tips and tricks for my first trimming project.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts