Impalas.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m the owner of a very nice all original 66 Caprice with a 396 engine, automatic, vinyl top and all original interior and paint. Car has original motor and trans. I recently did a bunch of general maintenance to the car to get it running and road worthy. Car is now running well, but I still have some things to sort out, including a missing throttle return spring. I plan on doing a disc brake conversion all around along with new wheels and tires this summer. I seem to have a wonderfully group here and look forward to getting this car on the road and looking good!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,041 Posts
Best bet would be a junk yard for a throttle return spring. Doesn't have to be off of a B-body car or even a Chevy. just needs to be off of a carburetored car (no one has made a new one in nearly thirty years so the cars will all be really old when you find one).

Big dave

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hey guys I’m the owner of a very nice all original 66 Caprice with a 396 engine, automatic, vinyl top and all original interior and paint. Car has original motor and trans. I recently did a bunch of general maintenance to the car to get it running and road worthy. Car is now running well, but I still have some things to sort out, including a missing throttle return spring. I plan on doing a disc brake conversion all around along with new wheels and tires this summer. I seem to have a wonderfully group here and look forward to getting this car on the road and looking good!
I bought a reproduction spring for my 1966 427. I ordered one for a Corvette 427 and it fit perfectly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts