Impalas.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have one gray wire with a bulb at the end in my dash harness that I am not able to find where it goes. Does anyone know if the column gear display has a light?

·
Super Moderator
13,131 Posts
Not on a Chevy: Caddy and Buick yes, Olds and Pontiac had it as an option. That probably goes in the back of you radio; or in the glove box if you have floor courtesy lights (an option on Chevys).

Does it light up when you pull the light switch on? How about when you open the glove box?

Big Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I should have explained better. Glove box has its light, Hvac control has its two lights, ignition has its light. Theres a interior light drivers side under dash. The length of the wire makes it driver side but looking at all the wiring diagrams i seem to have all the gray wires accounted for. The radio that came with the car isn’t correct, so that could be it. I will look into that. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the gray wire with socket and bulb. Does anyone know where it might go? I have the ignition light accounted for the heater control has two and the glove box has one. The length of this wire won’t reach the radio area. Seems like it should be in the drivers area. There’s no open socket holes in the instrument cluster. Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone have a photo of the back of the instrument cluster...
Removed?
Would prove useful with or without the bulbs and wiring

·
Registered
376 Posts
If you ground the socket with the lights on does it light up? Because it's a gray wire I am betting it will. I'm a Pontiac guy, not really a Chevy guy but some Pontiacs have a light on the back of the ignition switch. Does your car have that?

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 67 Bel air with column shift power glide had a light in the indicator. Single socket, gray wire. It was wired into turn signal switch and plugged into column wiring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts