Impalas.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site. I just bought a 66 Impala SS vert and am starting the slow process of restoring.

Here's my question. They unfortunatly don't make these aftermarket for an A/C car. so I found an original Caprice set with the woodgrain. I believe they are essentially the same parts just with the wood paper on them. Can any one confirm that and does anyone know if they are the same finish as the Impala trim underneath the wood trim inserts? thanks

This is my interior

This is what I want it to look like

Here are the trim pieces

·
Super Moderator
2,915 Posts
I would hate for you to destroy a good original set from a Caprice. The Caprice only trim is probably kind of rare. Couldn't you buy another set for a Impala and sell yours to someone that's restoring a Caprice?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
66SS Vert

I am not quite sure what you are looking to do? I see you pics of the SS with A/C with the correct pads.

Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not quite sure what you are looking to do? I see you pics of the SS with A/C with the correct pads.

Paul
Sorry, my car does currently have the correct pads. I'm just looking to change it to the stainless trim option like in the second pic. thanks

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Dash Fascia

OK, thanks. The Caprice inserts will not have the brushed aluminum underneath the woodgrain. Secondly, you do realize that the gauges will no longer fit properly if you remove the padded inserts? They are both a package deal and you must use the padded inserts with the gauges. People that don't cut the top of the gauges off: the chrome and the plastic bezel which is something you don't want to do.

Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bummer. I can see what you mean by the thickness of the padded inserts, yeah I don't want to cut the gauges in any way. I was hoping that the gauges were the same size on both packages and it would be some what of a direct swap.

Thanks a bunch Paul.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts