Impalas.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody can lead me in the right direction to get some OE front spindles for a 1966 Impala SS. It currently has dropped spindles and my customer wants to do an all stock restoration on this vehicle. If anybody has suggestions, it would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

·
Super Moderator
13,076 Posts
Spindles off of a 1966-'67 should be a bolt on. Model years 1965-'70 all shared the same platform design criteria but engineering change orders generated durring the production run caused chanes in part numbers as the parts where continually modified to reduce production costs and to address warranty issues. As such those parts will also bolt on but may require modification to find a best fit.

If you have any questions consult your local auto salvor and obtain the current Hollander number for that part. A Hollander number is assigned to every unique car part made in the world and follows that part forever. So with the Hollander part number you can obtain an exact fitting replacement even if another car company coppied an original GM part to put on their different brand and make car the part will fit or it wouldn't have that Hollander number.

https://www.hotrodhotline.com/youre-gonna-need-read-manual-part-2

Big Dave

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have stock spindles for a 66 but I won't be near them for another three weeks. I'm currently away from home on work related travel. Send me a pm late June if you still need some and we can talk. If you guys get those drop spindles off and want to make some coin, I'll take me off your hands so long as they aren't trashed or anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts