Impalas.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

new to the group,

im currently LS3 swapping my 66 SS, I’m using brp hot rods motor mounts. I’m running Holley valvecovers which create more height. Will I run into issues running 7” dual brake booster ? Really want to make it work... any advice would be much appreciated

·
Super Moderator
3,458 Posts
Hate to see this sit here with no answers! Sorry but I don't know for sure if you'll have interference. Only a handful of folks on this forum have done the LS swap.

My gut tells me you'll be fine. The smaller dual diaphragm has worked in a lot of swaps that's for sure, usually in smaller engine bays than our B-bodies too. (like the A-bodies and F-bodies, Chevelle/GTO/Cutlass and Camaro/Firebird)

If you were super curious, and had the few hundred bucks, you could opt for (or try to find one to borrow) a P-Ayre plastic LS block/heads. Super handy for trial fitting for clearance issues like yours or checking header fitment, oil pan clearance, etc.
Heck, if you buy one you can always sell it when you're done and recoup most of your cost to buy it.

·
Super Moderator
1,588 Posts
Buy the booster from your local parts place so you can test fit and exchange if needed.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Hey Guys!

new to the group,

im currently LS3 swapping my 66 SS, I’m using brp hot rods motor mounts. I’m running Holley valvecovers which create more height. Will I run into issues running 7” dual brake booster ? Really want to make it work... any advice would be much appreciated
Howdee...Go to the Chevy Talk forum and pull up kwiz. He specializes in 65 66 LS swaps...even makes his own custom brackets to assist with install problems. IMHO..he is the guy to help with your install. I have followed at least 10 of his builds. I went old school with my 66 2 door post...502 crate w 400 trans..12 bolt posi. Good luck with your build.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Howdee...Go to the Chevy Talk forum and pull up kwiz. He specializes in 65 66 LS swaps...even makes his own custom brackets to assist with install problems. IMHO..he is the guy to help with your install. I have followed at least 10 of his builds. I went old school with my 66 2 door post...502 crate w 400 trans..12 bolt posi. Good luck with your build.
Hey...HE IS KWHIZZ... Go to chevytalk.com click on the FORUMS button then scroll down to the 65-66 . you will see many of his posts related to his ackerman handling repairs, and engine swaps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts