Impalas.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently the taillights and brake lights started blowing fuses every time they turned on. I started looking at the wiring and found there where splices in the rear wiring harness for trailering. I am on the hunt for either just a new rear wiring harness that could plug into the existing harness at the rear end, or a whole new harness built for the wagon body. I have found many "generic" impala harnesses, but none that are wagon specific. The rear harness for the wagon has the tail lights, reverse lights, and rear window motor control. Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
13,131 Posts
Welcome to the Team!

You are probably looking at replacing the wires one at a time using a decent splice. You will probably have to disassemble the termination parts and reuse them but a word of caution old brass gets brittle with age. The tiny little prongs that grip the insulation are probably going to break. New ones are made to replace what you break.

Big Dave

·
Super Moderator
3,407 Posts
Hate to say it but I think I agree with Dave that you may need to make this one wire at a time.
To be honest, it's not that bad. Just some wire, new brass ends and a great crimping tool and the little removal tools to get the brass heads out of their plastic connector home. Ju can Doit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts