Impalas.net banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1967 Chevy Impala
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice. Thats a good lookin ride. Youre going to make a LOT of new friends.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
It feels like that is so true! I have people giving me the thumbs up and wanting to take pictures of my car. Lol!
Yep, nice lookin ride. Looks like red lipstick & nail polish is gonna be permanently on the menu.
Yes!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Very nice! But you know this car is not a Super Sport, correct? It looks great as it is! I love the Impala side trim.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The side emblems and trim as shown in the picture are standard Impala, not Impala SS. "Impala SS" emblems would be on the front fender, behind the wheel opening. And on an SS, there would be no belt side chrome, but there would SS-specific trim on the rocker panel, below the doors. Here is an example of a 1967 Impala SS.
I see the "Impala SS" emblem on your grill. Someone added that emblem. There should be a "Chevrolet" emblem on your grill and the trunk lid.

The VIN --> Check the first five digits of the VIN on your car:
  • 16487 = Impala.
  • 16887 = Impala SS.
Post a picture of your data tag, this will show for sure if the car is an Impala or Impala SS.

More info here: Impalas.org - Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and Cowl Tag Decoding |

·
Registered
1967 Chevy Impala
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Regardless if it is an Impala or Impala SS --> It is a great looking car!!!!
View attachment 31374
My new baby. A dream come true!
Thank you so much!!
Thank you so much!
Had a cup of coffee & nothing to do for 10 minutes....

View attachment 31375

View attachment 31375

View attachment 31375

View attachment 31375
The side emblems and trim as shown in the picture are standard Impala, not Impala SS. Impala SS emblems would be on the front fender, behind the wheel opening. And on an SS, there would be no belt side chrome, but there would SS-specific trim on the rocker panel, below the doors. Here is an example of a 1967 Impala SS.
I see the Impala SS emblem on your grill. Someone added that emblem. There should be a "Chevrolet" emblem on your grill.

The VIN --> Check the first five digits of the VIN on your car:
  • 16487 = Impala.
  • 16837 = Impala SS.
Post a picture of your data tag, this will show for sure if the car is an Impala or Impala SS.

More info here: Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and Cowl Tag Decoding |
Thank you so much. I looked up the VIN and saw that too. Not even sure if the dealer we bought it from knew much about the car. Sold it to us as is without much information. I appreciate your help. We are reaching out to dealer to let them know it is was not what they sold. I’m not mad about it though. Didn’t want the bucket seats anyway! Lol. Thanks again for reaching out. Guess I need to change my
name.

·
Registered
318 Posts
You're welcome! I think it is not a big deal. My suggestion is to NOT try make it an SS. You have a great car, and be proud of what you have. The Impala side trim looks great!
Post more pictures of your car, as we would like to see more of it.

Reactions: 62BillT

·
Registered
166 Posts
Definitely no big deal as BigDog says. Personally I prefer the look of the Impala with all the Impala trim & definitely prefer the Impala grille over the SS's too, no offense intended to anyone of course. And yeah i'd be removing anything that implies SS, although most of the general public aren't going to know anyway, I think your car can easily stand alone & be completely appreciated for what it is, not for what the previous owner deceitfully intended.

·
Registered
1967 Chevy Impala
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You're welcome! I think it is not a big deal. My suggestion is to NOT try make it an SS. You have a great car, and be proud of what you have. The Impala side trim looks great!
Post more pictures of your car, as we would like to see more of it.
I don’t think it is either. My husband and I have purchased the correct emblems. I’ll will keep posting! We have a lot of plans in the works for her!
Thank you so much. I looked up the VIN and saw that too. Not even sure if the dealer we bought it from knew much about the car. Sold it to us as is without much information. I appreciate your help. We are reaching out to dealer to let them know it is was not what they sold. I’m not mad about it though. Didn’t want the bucket seats anyway! Lol. Thanks again for reaching out. Guess I need to change my
name.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts