Impalas.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone post a pic of their rear armrest/cylinder cover install? I have rear armrests for a coupe and I think I remember the guy who I got them from said a slight mod would make them work in the conv. I can see about what I need to do but wanted a confirmation pic or some other details before I cut too much on them馃槄
Thanks!

Registered
Can someone post a pic of their rear armrest/cylinder cover install? I have rear armrests for a coupe and I think I remember the guy who I got them from said a slight mod would make them work in the conv. I can see about what I need to do but wanted a confirmation pic or some other details before I cut too much on them馃槄
Thanks!
That may have been me, lol. If I was the one who sold them to you. I have suggested just that to a few out there. The Convertible Arm Rest Panels can be made from Hardtop ones. Do you have the Upper Covers as 65 & 67 has mentioned? That said, I do have a top and bottom set from a '67 Convertible that I'm getting ready to advertise. They are in storage right now as I ran out of time to strip them down and get them ready for pictures. If no one produces any before I can get to them, I will send you some as time allows.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That may have been me, lol. If I was the one who sold them to you. I have suggested just that to a few out there. The Convertible Arm Rest Panels can be made from Hardtop ones. Do you have the Upper Covers as 65 & 67 has mentioned? That said, I do have a top and bottom set from a '67 Convertible that I'm getting ready to advertise. They are in storage right now as I ran out of time to strip them down and get them ready for pictures. If no one produces any before I can get to them, I will send you some as time allows.
Yeah i do have the upper cylinder covers. It seems like the arm rest would need about 4-6鈥 cut out of the top rear flat part of it to allow the cylinder to move and allow the cylinder cover to sit down into it slightly. I then probably need to screw the lower arm rest to the cylinder cover it seems. But the seat would cover that screw I think. Or maybe I don鈥檛 need to attach them as the seat bottom would push on it and secure it somewhat. I imagine the original conv set has some way to attach the two.
I don鈥檛 even remember where I got these, it鈥檚 been a couple years. But I did buy a couple batches of parts off of this forum and maybe over at CT also. I remember one batch had headlight buckets and some various trim pieces. I think I bought the cylinder covers from someone here too, they were white. I have glued black vinyl on these now. I remember getting a really good deal on all the stuff. And one of the guys was from Canada. Oh and the guy I bought a couple of interior windshield trim pieces told me I could cut the vertical pieces from a sedan to use in the convertible. I鈥檅e not got to that piece yet.

Registered
I now have some pictures available of my Convertible Rear Arm Rest Panels.

Let me know if you still are needing some pictures.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I now have some pictures available of my Convertible Rear Arm Rest Panels.

Let me know if you still are needing some pictures.
sure if you have some handy. I did get it installed but I don't think it is 100% correct. I had to trim the arm rests to make room for the cylinders and at that point the cylinder covers did fit down inside the arm rests. But I'd like to see how it looks on an original arm rest.

Thanks!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how 'bout crayons? :LOL:
Here鈥檚 Bills set of bare arm rests. I did cut mine sort of like this. They aren鈥檛 perfect but look ok for now from a distance. I鈥檇 still like to see a pic of a set in a finished car. Or maybe I鈥檒l get lucky and see one at a car show this summer. The second pic is my car currently with my modified 2 door armrests. Believe it or not the armrests are original vinyl with some mothers Back to black treatment. I鈥檓 sure eventually I鈥檒l need to recover them.

Rectangle Gas Wood Electric blue Font

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

1 - 13 of 13 Posts