Impalas.net banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks for reply my 66 sat for 20 last year I started with wires no pro but every instrument works I recently got rid of my 2013 suburban why I took all the wire out don't know so I looked at wires and they are are the same maybe a gauge or two off there complete I just wanted to make the harness smaller lighter and thought about making a harness out of the 12 feet of wire from suburban the gauge of wire got me stumped so was wondering if I made every wire the same would I be alright thanks again
I'm not sure I'm enough of an electrician to give a good explanation of why this is probably a bad idea

@62BillT ?
@BA. ?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
A little too unclear on what he is trying to accomplish. Pictures or at least more details would help.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Wondering what is wrong with your harness, but generally speaking if you want to replace wire for wire, I don't see a problem as long as it is copper like the originals. If a wire is one gauge bigger, I don't see a problem there either. Although auto electrics are definitely not one of my strong points.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wondering what is wrong with your harness, but generally speaking if you want to replace wire for wire, I don't see a problem as long as it is copper like the originals. If a wire is one gauge bigger, I don't see a problem there either. Although auto electrics are definitely not one of my strong points.
Well I have the bulk head and wires so I don't just throw away I wanted to make another harness I guess I'll try let you guys know in two hours how it goes thank you

41 - 46 of 46 Posts