Impalas.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
planning on putting a zz502 and all the trimmings into a project I'm working on. Looking for any guidance/advise on how to approach or what concerns I need to have for smog cert or referee engagement? I am in California which is why I'm concerned :\
Also, if I'm good to go, what's the process to bring the beast back to life thru the DMV process?

thank you all, this forum is very helpful.

Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
I transferred title earlier this year on a 67 wagon but registered as non-op at So CA AAA. There was no mention of any need for smog when I was ready to change to an operation mode. I pulled the original 283 and built a 350 for it that is already in and getting finished up.
Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire Should be on the road by early '22.

·
Registered
235 Posts
No smog required in California for 1975 and older cars. I have a few questions:
1) Do you have the car's title? Bill of sale?
2) Does it have the original black California license plates?
If you do have these original plates, you can reuse them (without a fee) as long as you can tie the license plates back to the car --> is the license number on the title or old registration slip?

The more paperwork in your possession, you will have an easier and CHEAPER time at the DMV. When you are at the DMV and things are not going the way you think they should be going, don't be afraid to ask for a supervisor or gather your stuff and head to a different DMV. There are some sharp DMV employees and not so sharp ones....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No smog required in California for 1975 and older cars. I have a few questions:
1) Do you have the car's title? Bill of sale?
2) Does it have the original black California license plates?
If you do have these original plates, you can reuse them (without a fee) as long as you can tie the license plates back to the car --> is the license number on the title or old registration slip?

The more paperwork in your possession, you will have an easier and CHEAPER time at the DMV. When you are at the DMV and things are not going the way you think they should be going, don't be afraid to ask for a supervisor or gather your stuff and head to a different DMV. There are some sharp DMV employees and not so sharp ones....
Thanks BigDogSS ...
1) do not have title or original bill of sale. I bought this from my uncle, who bought it from original owner. He 'may' have original black/yellow plates.
2) I have blue w/ yellow letter plates. 2 (different) sets. Sure that will help, however I was going to go w/ original look (black/yellow) w/ custom letters. :D
thanks for the DMV tips.. it all helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts