Impalas.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm unfortunate to be living in an area where there is quite some rain. Now the wipers do a great job, but as it often rains just a little I would be so much happier if there was a way to add an interval to the system.

Anyone knows if there are any after sales convertions for this purpose?

I've even played with the idea to hook one of the horn buttons up to the wiper system as a kind of push and hold to wipe system just to allow an easy single wipe. All for the good of comfort and safety.

Hope to hear some ideas.

Greets, Maurits

·
Premium Member
13,156 Posts
You can change the wiper motor out for a late model pulse-intermittent wiper motor (they are interchangeable and bolt right on). But then you would have to make your own dash mounted knob to control it (the switches to activate the motor are different so you would have to rework the factory pulse-intermittent switch). Or you could install an Iditit steering column with a stalk that has the correct switch already installed (and add a locking steering anti-theft device to slow down six year olds that haven't figured out out how to over power it).

Big Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.