Impalas.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1968 impala 2dr fastback, 307, 2 sp powerglide original.
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi working on a 68 impala 2dr fastback i recently picked up. I am replacing some of the electrical switches and noticed under the dash on left of the steering column there is a knob and rotary switch. There are two wires which go into the harness I cant continue to trace unless I start ripping. Knob is similar to a vent knob. However it does nothing. This is mounted under the dash, knob facing to floor. I am suspecting it maybe something to do with heating, rear defrost ??, if so since removed if it there was. Not having much luck finding info on it. Asked a few pld school chevy friends as well but no avail. Appreciate anyone's insight.

·
Registered
1968 impala 2dr fastback, 307, 2 sp powerglide original.
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rear defrost was my weak assumption. And there seems to be a stop in the switch as you indicated so all likely this is what is was at some point. There is no evidence of a rear defrost system, as the top behind the back seat was replaced prior to my purchase, no speaker holes or any penetrations. I looked for wires in the back but only speaker wires and no heavier wires for a heater fan or such. I can probably conclude this is what is was for before the last mods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts