Impalas.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at about my wits end.I will start with this was a running car, until it sat for a few years and everything seems to have gone to heck. One question that I have, is the yellow wire hat used to go to the coil, now goes nowhere, is this correct? It had an hei distributor installed by the po. The starter spins with 12 volts applied directly to the solenoid, but I have not been able to get anything other than that. I have the neutral safety switch disconnected and the wires jumpered, still nothing.I am thinking that the purple wire to the starter from the nss may be broken, is this logical? Any help is greatly appreciated...Mark

·
Registered
63 imp. 283. PG. 321 rear
14 Posts
The yellow wire that I mentioned is from the R contact on the solenoid to the former coil...
I have an HEI distributor on my 63. Two wires . the white wire is the power going to the fused ignition fuse box. I installed the optional red wire to the second spot on the coil connects to my tachometer. Warning, if you do that there’s 3/16
space between the plug-ins and they can arc making a rough idle unless you separate by tape or rubber.

·
Registered
63 imp. 283. PG. 321 rear
14 Posts
I have an HEI distributor on my 63. Two wires . the white wire is the power going to the fused ignition fuse box. I installed the optional red wire to the second spot on the coil connects to my tachometer. Warning, if you do that there’s 3/16
space between the plug-ins and they can arc making a rough idle unless you separate by tape or rubber.
Maybe the white wire you’re asking about was an old tech wire that’s not needed now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts