Impalas.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 69 impala 2 door custom coupe with drum brakes. Looking to convert to front disc (for minimal cost). I have located a 1970 4 door Catalina that has the power front disc set-up. Seeing that both are b-bodies, would the Pontiac Catalina discs swap over to the Impala? If so, is there anything besides the spindles, rotors, calipers, master cylinder and proportioning valve that I would need? Any help would be appreciated. The impala is a beast to stop!

Thanks in advance - Dan

·
Premium Member
13,155 Posts
Everything off the Poncho should be removed and swapped over to the Impala. That way everything fits and if it needs replacement you ask for a Poncho '70 part and you should get the right replacement in the future.

You are correct in that all B-bodies were built on the same assembly line from mostly the same parts (Poncho got different sheet metal of course), but the next car in line could have been a Olds 98, or a Caddy. They can be scavenged for parts without a guilty conscious.

Big Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
SORRY! - didn't mean to post this here. (Newbie!)

I did a front disc break conversion on my 66 and A frame bushing replacement along with new rear drums and brake kit. Added new shocks and WOW! Totally different/better car to drive in town or on the open road - Smooth and safe too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 69 impala 2 door custom coupe with drum brakes. Looking to convert to front disc (for minimal cost). I have located a 1970 4 door Catalina that has the power front disc set-up. Seeing that both are b-bodies, would the Pontiac Catalina discs swap over to the Impala? If so, is there anything besides the spindles, rotors, calipers, master cylinder and proportioning valve that I would need? Any help would be appreciated. The impala is a beast to stop!

Thanks in advance - Dan
Be very careful with the wheel threads if you need to replace one there extremely difficult to find

1 - 4 of 4 Posts