Impalas.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without paying for an appraisal where do you all go for fair prices on old cars?

I have been thinking again about selling my 65 and threw it on Craigslist to see if anyone would make me an offer that I couldnt refuse.

·
Super Moderator
13,131 Posts
flea-Bay and Craig's list are the two ways to determine what the bottom feeders will pay. Barret's and other auction houses cater to those fools with more money than "cents", but that isn't an accurate reflection of value either.

Your insurance company has appraisers that can tell you what it is worth just by asking for an appraisal to see how much it would cost to insure it at "fair market Value". You want to insure it for more than that because it will appreciate in value with time and you don't want to did out how much it has appreciated by accident.

Big Dave

·
Super Moderator
1,532 Posts
The Hagerty valuation tool can help. Be honest with your assessment of the condition of the car. If you drive it, it's likely a 3, not a 2 or 1.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I looked at Hagerty, NADA and the Classic Car Value guide

Hagerty was the highest, Im thinking that they do this to have the car overvalued in case of a claim.

I think my car is between a 4 and 3 on the scale. Definitely needs alot of little things.

I have really been thinking about putting money into paint and freshening the interior to see if that attracts more attention, but the point of the sale is to spend less money on my project cars... haha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts