Impalas.net banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
240 Posts
Nah, didn't get any either, but I knew I wouldn't, so I gifted some parts to the car myself. I gave it & fitted a new fuel tank sender, I replaced a rear door window regulator that i'd bought years ago that i'd been putting off fitting for a very long time and I also gave it & fitted a Pioneer GM-D9704 amplifier in the trunk and it's so good I've also ordered some JL C2 6x9 speakers to fully take advantage of it.
But true to form, as my one step forward and two steps back life always seems to go my aluminium radiator has now sprung a leak, tis the season to be jolly.

· Registered
1961 Impala 2 Door Sedan
121 Posts
I got a letter from the state DOT saying my registration was suspended due to not being insured... and I paid for my insurance renewal in October... so I got to sort that out last week which was fun.

No parts for the car, I still have a pile to get put on the car I just need the time.

· Registered
1967 Impala SS 427
81 Posts
Oh, come on guys...everyday should be Christmas for us Impala lovers!!! I got myself TONS of goodies for my 1967 Impala SS 427 I'm currently doing a concourse restoration on. My favorite being I found a N34 simulated woodgrain steering wheel...NOS, never installed!!! I'm retired...retired 8 years ago when I was 47 but I try to make every month Christmas! Happy New Years guys!!! Lets keep making these dreams come true in the New Year....remember we're the last of the Mohicans...a dying bread. In 20-30yrs nobody will give a **** about our precious treasures!

· Registered
52 Posts
Oh, come on guys...everyday should be Christmas for us Impala lovers!!! I got myself TONS of goodies for my 1967 Impala SS 427 I'm currently doing a concourse restoration on. My favorite being I found a N34 simulated woodgrain steering wheel...NOS, never installed!!! I'm retired...retired 8 years ago when I was 47 but I try to make every month Christmas! Happy New Years guys!!! Lets keep making these dreams come true in the New Year....remember we're the last of the Mohicans...a dying bread. In 20-30yrs nobody will give a **** about our precious treasures!
Nice find!!!! I am looking for a Wood grain steering for a 64 Impala. I keep finding the 16 diameter wooden steering wheel but the correct one I need is 16.5 diameter, so the search continues.

· Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so are you Uncas or Chingachgook?

· Premium Member
1965 Impala SS 396 Convertible
86 Posts
RE: "Last of the Mohicans..." In our Brave New World of Teslas and the War on Petroleum, I don't suppose there is any way to get tons of young kids interested in old cars. The resto shows on Velocity help to be sure, but those kids are out there--I have a couple in my neighborhood. Us old guys need to find a couple of them to mentor and show them the thrills of scraping old gaskets, skinned knuckles, and under-hood fires! Some of them will sign on!
Check out this feature on Haggerty. I am sure many of you have seen it, but if not, it will warm your heart!
Teenage tuners

· Registered
1967 Impala SS 427
81 Posts
I read the article on the teenage tuners but unfortunately thats a rarity. My reference to "last of Mohigans" was basically all of my research shows us to be a dying breed. I'm 55 and I'm one of the youngest of our family. My SS 427s are worth a fortune now but they will be devalued by 80% in 2040-50. The demand on our cars now is from guys in there 60s-70s. Now kids are into C5 Vettes, 2000s Mustangs and Camaros, oh and Cudas. There is little sustainability on the old Chevys not to mention 90% of the NOS parts are gone leaving garbage reproduction parts. Then making matters worse the remaining NOS parts have been marked up 1000%. At the end of the day, this is my joy and passion. I do it because I love it, not to get a return on my investment. I have 4 boys and I always tell them to just keep the cars in the family after I'm gone but we all know how that goes...one of the idiots will probably grow up and shoot my cars up their arms!lol God, I hope I'm wrong about that!

· Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I read the article on the teenage tuners but unfortunately thats a rarity. My reference to "last of Mohigans" was basically all of my research shows us to be a dying breed. I'm 55 and I'm one of the youngest of our family. My SS 427s are worth a fortune now but they will be devalued by 80% in 2040-50. The demand on our cars now is from guys in there 60s-70s. Now kids are into C5 Vettes, 2000s Mustangs and Camaros, oh and Cudas. There is little sustainability on the old Chevys not to mention 90% of the NOS parts are gone leaving garbage reproduction parts. Then making matters worse the remaining NOS parts have been marked up 1000%. At the end of the day, this is my joy and passion. I do it because I love it, not to get a return on my investment. I have 4 boys and I always tell them to just keep the cars in the family after I'm gone but we all know how that goes...one of the idiots will probably grow up and shoot my cars up their arms!lol God, I hope I'm wrong about that!

· Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 34 Posts