Impalas.net banner
1 - 3 of 34 Posts

· Premium Member
1965 Impala SS 396 Convertible
103 Posts
RE: "Last of the Mohicans..." In our Brave New World of Teslas and the War on Petroleum, I don't suppose there is any way to get tons of young kids interested in old cars. The resto shows on Velocity help to be sure, but those kids are out there--I have a couple in my neighborhood. Us old guys need to find a couple of them to mentor and show them the thrills of scraping old gaskets, skinned knuckles, and under-hood fires! Some of them will sign on!
Check out this feature on Haggerty. I am sure many of you have seen it, but if not, it will warm your heart!
Teenage tuners

· Premium Member
1965 Impala SS 396 Convertible
103 Posts
This thread is drifting a bit from the subject of Christmas presents :) , but FWIW, I had my buddy help me install 3 seatbelts in the back seat of my '65. First question he asked was "this is for the grandkids, right?" -- same problem with my daughter and DIL! I remember growing up in the 60's -- our neighbors the Cornelisons had a '58 Belair wagon - we'd put 10 kids in there and go to the Tastee-Freeze! Not too safe I guess, but great memories.

1 - 3 of 34 Posts