Impalas.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Impala Sport Sedan 4-door 1968
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for bodyparts for my son's 1968 4-door Impala, who unfortunately made a bad choice with the car.
But since he still wants to do the work on the car,
I will support him as much as possible.

1) quarter panels left and right
2) the entry area-> left and right? Doglegs?
3) a cowl panel and inner upper dashboard (metal)
4) Trunk floor
5) floor panels
6) the inner wheel arches

I've already asked Desert Valley Autoparts!

Can someone tell me whether the parts from other years or modells of construction fit?
I have attached a few pictures of the miserable areas.
We have already revised, painted and given rust protection on the frame.

If necessary, I would take the 2-door version for the quarter panels and cut it to size.
Can someone tell me which manufacturer has the better quality and fit?
Quarter panel, Floor pans, Trunk floor pans ..
Goodmark, Sherman or OER?

Thanks in advance!
Jonny
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Car
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system
Automotive parking light Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Water Automotive tire Vehicle Wood Plant
Car Grille Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Wood Engineering Gas Machine Auto part
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Jonny, Glad to see that you made it over here.

Was Desert Valley any help?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, thank you very much for the tip and I hope that I have more chances here. Unfortunately, I haven't had the success I wanted at Desert Valley. As I see it at the moment, the doglegs, the cowl panel and the metal cover for the dashboard will be the hardest parts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try Classic Industries, they stock a lot of old body parts and make them.
Also an Impala is close in body to the Caprice. Most are the same with some differences.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We've looked at Classic Industries, Impala parts, etc. but the toughest parts, like doglegs, the metal dashboard part with ventilation slots that hold the windshield, and the rear inner wheel arches are nowhere to be found. The rear wheel arches until 1966 would be available, but I don't know if they will fit on the 68. In addition, it is even more difficult to find parts with good substance in the 4-door. I would like to first find a solution for some of these problem areas and only then order the foor panels etc., which are still available and should fit.
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same year and model. Some of the smaller rust areas I have made patches and welded in. But for the larger (front windshield area) I have not found a solution. As I am sure you know the 1968 is a one off model year. They used some of the older parts pre 68 and some of the newer model 69 up. Caprice is as close to the Impala as you are going to find.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use to use Impala Bob’s a lot but from what I understand it is closed
I have used Impalaparts.com and they have some stock
If I run across anything I will post it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank´s that would be great.
Unfortunately, the problem areas are so large and rusted through that small patches are not enough. In addition, there is half-inch thick filler on the sides. All floor panels must also be replaced.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I use to use Impala Bob’s a lot but from what I understand it is closed
I have used Impalaparts.com and they have some stock
If I run across anything I will post it
Right, Impala Bob has closed. Impalaparts.com is Hubbard's. A very good place to deal with.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
The Dash Boards and Cowl area will be the same 2-Dr HT and 4-Dr HT, Impala and Caprice. Also, the Sedan cars "may" be the same.

Another place to check for good used sheet metal would be CTC Auto Ranch in Texas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have already asked CTC Auto Ranch but have not yet received an answer.
Thank you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know what state you live in but there is a wrecking yard here in southern Oklahoma that has a 68 4 door that doesn't even have three quarters the amount rust that your's has.If I can make out to that yard again I will snap some pics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Unfortunately we live in Austria. That is why it is even more difficult for us to find parts. If a shipment from the USA is not possible directly, I could only organize the shipment from a warehouse in texas. If you could send me pictures it would be helpful. The substance should still be good because shipping the parts to Europe is very expensive. Thank you for the effort!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts