Impalas.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have added a power booster and disc breaks to my 64 impala,with drums in the back all new hoses and lines calipers and shoes,I am getting fluid out the rear tires for bleeding but not getting any on front wheels when i open bleeding screw,so i did unhook the front hoses that connect from my front breakline to caliper and fluid did pour out of it but doesnt seem to come out of the bleeder screw also noticed that my pads are loose and the porpartion valve only let fluid for rear breaks when i unhooked the breaks from the rear and nothing came out for the front..Any help or advice on what can be causing this problem?

·
Super Moderator
1,511 Posts
Did you bench bleed the master? What master? On some front port goes to rear. On some, front to front.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had a problem trying to bleed the rear brakes on my 67 Impala a while ago. First I just tried gravity bleeding, nothing? Tried suction, nothing? Got a buddy to help & tried it the old fashioned way (open bleeder & press on pedal), nothing? WTF? Finally took off the bleeder screw & it was full of dirt. Took a wire, cleared the dirt out & got fluid!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts