Impalas.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
November 3rd in Colorado. The Chevy Convertibles from '54 to '60 brought the highest prices. Check out what the light blue '59 Convertible with a ragged out convertible top, missing pieces and a door falling off brought at the 44:45 mark. And I thought the '58 Convertible with the wrecked R/R quarter was crazy a little earlier. I think I'm going to have an auction, lol:

Reactions: Brooksey

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think stupid money is a relative thing, sometimes to get what you want when you want it you have to pay a bit more, and what one person is prepared to spend compared to another on a project and to finish that project is a relative thing too. I probably paid more than I should have for my car but when I bought it I was in a well paid job & I was debt free & had already been looking for 3 years. Funnily enough i'd never even seen that tv show, I was motivated by a car i'd seen at a private car show of about 50 cars, that belonged to a friend of a friend, his was a pillared 67 Impala, when I saw mine for sale after seeing a couple of others in that 3 years that needed a lot more work, my first thought was "cool" at least it's not exactly the same car as the one i'd seen, I didn't want to feel like I was copying him.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I think stupid money is a relative thing, sometimes to get what you want when you want it you have to pay a bit more, and what one person is prepared to spend compared to another on a project and to finish that project is a relative thing too. I probably paid more than I should have for my car but when I bought it I was in a well paid job & I was debt free & had already been looking for 3 years. Funnily enough i'd never even seen that tv show, I was motivated by a car i'd seen at a private car show of about 50 cars, that belonged to a friend of a friend, his was a pillared 67 Impala, when I saw mine for sale after seeing a couple of others in that 3 years that needed a lot more work, my first thought was "cool" at least it's not exactly the same car as the one i'd seen, I didn't want to feel like I was copying him.
Yes, I agree, but sometimes prices just get out of reason. Could also be a local or regional economy thing. Around here the average person would not even pay $88,000 for a totally restored '59 Convertible. I can give you a good example of a good deal I could have had at a recent swap meet. I could have bought a totally restored and beautiful '62 Impala SS, 327, 4-Speed. The car was like brand new. I would had bought it myself if the timing was a little different. Asking price? $25,000. I would say that he may have taken $22,000 cash on the table. Just for one example anyway.

On the flip side, I probably should not even say this, lol, but a few years back, I bought a complete '66 4-Door parts car at a local auction, very similar to some of the ones at the auction I posted, for $30 (not a typo, Thirty Dollars).

• Wow
Reactions: BA.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts