Impalas.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new member here....

I'm in the process of purchasing a 64 Impala SS, VIN checks out as 41447 L xxxxxx so verified as true SS. I figured out the Trim and Paint from Cowl Tag, they match the vehicle but need some help with the 4th row ACC - I believe it's the options on the car, can someone help decode these? See attached.. and many thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Acc codes

E Tinted glass
2H Heater delete
2S Rear Antenna
2R Rear speaker
3C Padded dash
5V Custom front seat belts

Paul

·
Registered
405 Posts
That is a weird combo. Most of the time if you see a heater delete you would expect a radio delete with it not the addition of rear speakers and rear antenna. Granted the rear speaker and antenna could have just been part of the standard SS package that got on the tag separately since the rear SS seat has the integrated speaker.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
E Tinted glass
2H Heater delete
2S Rear Antenna
2R Rear speaker
3C Padded dash
5V Custom front seat belts

Paul
Thank you Paul. I am seeing the car tmrw so let’s see, although the seller says it has a working heater. Btw am I right to assume heater delete means cabin heater? Sorry for what sounds like a silly question!

Maybe the heater was added back as the car was imported into Canada in 96, or at some point in its life someone added it. Possible?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a weird combo. Most of the time if you see a heater delete you would expect a radio delete with it not the addition of rear speakers and rear antenna. Granted the rear speaker and antenna could have just been part of the standard SS package that got on the tag separately since the rear SS seat has the integrated speaker.
The seller says it as the original AM radio in working condition but also has heat, maybe heater was added after? Hmm I’ll have to ask the seller. Previous owner prior to the seller had restored most of it to original specs including rebuilding the original 327 motor. Appreciate the input!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There seems to be a question on the heater delete code, not sure on that one based on Warren’s page:

https://impalas.org/numbers/

Paul
Hi Paul,

I was not sure about that either and I had a chance to see the car yesterday, closer inspection revealed it’s not an H but an M! Using the reference link you posted (Thank you for this!) I see the M is for Powerglide Transmission, which it had.

This clears it up! Appreciate everyone’s input and help. Now need to decide if this is the one for me. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Ok, thanks for letting me know

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts