Impalas.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a late 90's crate engine in a 67 impala wagon. Used serpentine belt system with CS130 alternator. My question is does anyone know how to wire the pigtail? I ordered one that came with 4 wires and I got one from the junk yard that has 1 brown wire? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put a late 90's crate engine in a 67 impala wagon. Used serpentine belt system with CS130 alternator. My question is does anyone know how to wire the pigtail? I ordered one that came with 4 wires and I got one from the junk yard that has 1 brown wire? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

ls1 in my 62 wagon and I have a 180amp power master and I do not use the plug on my setup. The alternator has a 0 gauge to a fused distribution block that ties to the battery. You can get a 1 wire regulator and not use the plug.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you sir, this has been messing with me for a while. Isn't it great figuring out what to do with the original wiring?
Thanks again

·
Registered
6 Posts
thank you sir, this has been messing with me for a while. Isn't it great figuring out what to do with the original wiring?
Thanks again
Yah I just ripped out all the dash and engine bay wiring and started completely fresh. I am super familiar with how its all wired at the moment. It took quite a bit longer than I thought due to being anal and labelling every wire end and heat shrinking/looming it all but oh well. I guess being potty trained at gunpoint paid off eventually.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts