Impalas.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Need to post a pic of the trim tag. All the vin and model will tell is: that the car is a 1965 Impala SS convertible with an 8 cyl motor built at the Doraville GA plant.

·
Premium Member
1965 Impala SS 396 Convertible
63 Posts
HI. I can do a partial decode. Not sure about the BA350. and the 60 accessory code. Maybe someone else can help or correct me if I am wrong.
Built 4th week of December (1964)​
The ST code would mean the Quebec plant, but I don't think they started until 1967,​
Are you sure it doesn't say "STL"? Tags can be a bit hard to read sometimes. If so, that would be the St. Louis plant.​
1965 Model SS Convertible,​
Color Sierra Tan with black top,​
Black interior Trim with bucket seats​
Does this make sense with what you know?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HI. I can do a partial decode. Not sure about the BA350. and the 60 accessory code. Maybe someone else can help or correct me if I am wrong.
Built 4th week of December (1964)​
The ST code would mean the Quebec plant, but I don't think they started until 1967,​
Are you sure it doesn't say "STL"? Tags can be a bit hard to read sometimes. If so, that would be the St. Louis plant.​
1965 Model SS Convertible,​
Color Sierra Tan with black top,​
Black interior Trim with bucket seats​
Does this make sense with what you know?
The plant is actualy ATL Atlanta? It all matches but the color--Its red now -white top and black interior

·
Premium Member
1965 Impala SS 396 Convertible
63 Posts
Sorry, may have misled you with all the "AT/ST" business. Yep, ATL would be Atlanta assembly, but your BA350 code would be Doraville, GA, assembly (outside Atlanta) and 350 would be the sequence number, IOW, the 350th produced. The "ST" at the beginning doesn't mean anything, Actually, it stands for "Style", but doesn't help any for the ID, as all GM plates had that.
The Doraville plant no longer exists; it was torn down in 2013, I couldn't find any total production numbers but it must have been a ton, since it ran from 1947 to 2008.
Option codes are tricky, since hard to find a complete list anywhere. Only thing I couLd find for a "60" code was for factory A/C. Does it have A/C? Again, others may have some better info. Can you upload a pic of the plate?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts