Impalas.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 1960 cars, a 2 door biscayne, a 4 door bel air. The 2 door has a blower motor protrudes out the fire wall. The 4 dr must have one elsewhere because there is no protusion and the blower does not seem to work. What is the difference between the two cars? Thanks friends

·
Super Moderator
3,546 Posts
I'm no help here.

Were they allowed to do the 'heater delete' in 1960 that I've heard referenced for mid-late 60's cars?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Big Dave but the link says access denied and does not open. Are there two variations of the blower.maybe one inside car and one protruding through the firewall? I will look in the assembly manual I have

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
There were two types of Heaters in '60. One is what I believe is the Deluxe and the other an Economy. If you believe you have the Economy, I may have some parts available.

What does your Heater Controls look like in comparison?

Is the one in question a 2-Lever?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats interesting, I will have to check how many slide push levers their are on it, I thought there were 3 but not sure. The biscayne has a motor protruding thru the firewall, the bel air does not have one protruding and nothing happens when I push the levers down or up, thank you for your help.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
One will have 4 Levers, the other type 2.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The Blower Motor is located under the Fender on that car.

You should be able to see it from an angle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thats interesting, I will have to check how many slide push levers their are on it, I thought there were 3 but not sure. The biscayne has a motor protruding thru the firewall, the bel air does not have one protruding and nothing happens when I push the levers down or up, thank you for your help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts