Votes: 4 66.7%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BEFORE YOU VOTE
Take these things into account about your black paint:
How much dirt, dust, scratches, water marks collect on the surface, swirl marks from washing it etc and how noticeable it is. Anything else that may annoy you about the paint. Or take into account what you like about it and if none of these is a problem for you. Please tell me your experiences with it!

Answer these questions as well that will help me decide:
1. Where do you park your black Impala? Inside a garage? Outside? If outside, with a cover or not?
2. How many times do you wash it a month?
3. Any other information I may need to know?

I really want to do black but I've heard about complications with the issues above plus mine will be parked outside plus being in a city that rains a lot and I'm a student so probably a every day driver.

Thank you for your help!

·
Lifetime Premium Member
905 Posts
I have voted no. My wife has black Volvo. The car sits outside and constantly looks dirty. Smallest scratches show up easily. If I were to maintain clean look, it would have to be washed every 2-3 days.

My wagon is bluish in color and even parked outside usually looks good. Rain will just help remove the top dust layer and I do not even have to wash it. It is also my daily driver.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Black looks fantastic when it's all shined up, but ask anyone who has owned a black vehicle and they'll tell you the same thing: You get tired of trying to keep it clean.

In addition, if you're painting a vehicle black you better have done really awesome bodywork, since any defects really show up with black paint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts