Impalas.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Prepping to get it over to the shop and have it completely gone through; brakes, engine, fuel, everything, etc.
Pulled all the stuff off tonight, first light of day in at least 10 years. Be driving in late spring 2021 hopefully.
Motor vehicle Mode of transport Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Glass
Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel Classic car Vehicle door
Motor vehicle Car seat Car seat cover Beige Vehicle door

·
Super Moderator
3,511 Posts
Super Cool car! Congrats on getting the ball rolling!

Is that original vinyl interior? On my laptop it looks a bit suede or naugahyde or something?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Super Cool car! Congrats on getting the ball rolling!

Is that original vinyl interior? On my laptop it looks a bit suede or naugahyde or something?
Not original, no thanks to the bro-in-law. Original was vinyl, he decided to "restore" it. Some kind of short-nap cloth.

Update! 6 days later, it's out and we are waiting for the tow truck for the next destination.

Anyone got some advice on how to gently clean this paint and chrome?

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,511 Posts
This depends a little on how much effort you want to put in it but obviously you need something with a very fine abrasive...
1. After a very good wash and perhaps even a good clay bar session, I would try 3M Finesse-It II on a small area. (With or without an orbital polisher)
I used this as the final buffing on my impala.

2. Or, 3m also makes a 'glaze' called Perfect-It Hand glaze.

3. Last choice, maybe something like Meguiers Ultimate Compound found in some of the parts chain stores.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This depends a little on how much effort you want to put in it but obviously you need something with a very fine abrasive...
1. After a very good wash and perhaps even a good clay bar session, I would try 3M Finesse-It II on a small area. (With or without an orbital polisher)
I used this as the final buffing on my impala.

2. Or, 3m also makes a 'glaze' called Perfect-It Hand glaze.

3. Last choice, maybe something like Meguiers Ultimate Compound found in some of the parts chain stores.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Does this look like original mileage to you?

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you know what they say about best laid plans...............

so it never got to the shop but I did manage to put it in storage until last week. finally got the garage cleaned out so I could get it in there and out of the weather. come home to papa! next step, get it clean, then maintenance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts