Impalas.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm rebuilding / refitting my GM 8.2 rear end, and I've bought a "new" 700R4 from TCI transmissions.

The Tranny was painted from TCI, but it was a bit of a rough job, and was stuffed in a bag and shipped to me before the paint was dried. The rear end was cleaned up, treated with rust neutralizer, and primed grey.

So in both cases, a little paint needed to be laid down, for both vanity and practicality.

Photograph Purple Light Blue Azure

Just after the 2nd coat.

Purple Product Yellow Automotive tire Material property

12hrs later

It IS a purple Impala, after all :cool:

Anyway, I used ERA 2K Purple Engine paint - it's easy to work with, and is solid stuff. 2 coats seem like it will be bullet proof, over primer. Pricey, but a lot better than what I'm used to working with.

·
Registered
1961 Impala 2 Door Sedan
19 Posts
I know a Ravens fan when I see one!

Looks sharp! My engine painting experienced look great until the "non leaking" engine leaked out of almost every seal and now it's just an oily mess on top of fresh-ish orange paint.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Long suffering Detroit fan actually 🙃 If the new crate engine does that to me, there might be a REALLY big bonfire over at ATK... just sayin'

I know a Ravens fan when I see one!

Looks sharp! My engine painting experienced look great until the "non leaking" engine leaked out of almost every seal and now it's just an oily mess on top of fresh-ish orange paint.

·
Registered
1961 Impala 2 Door Sedan
19 Posts
Long suffering Detroit fan actually 🙃 If the new crate engine does that to me, there might be a REALLY big bonfire over at ATK... just sayin'
Understandable! My 283 had sat in the garage for 20 years buy my grandfather swore it wouldn't leak so I didn't redo any seals while it was on the stand. Lesson learned for sure.

I guess I won't mention I'm a Ravens fan after the game last weekend then... I also won't mention 66 yard field goals or anything along those lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts