Impalas.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name's Dave and I'm retired Air Force. I finally own an Impala! Well, I've had a 67 but that was long ago. I made the 10 hour (1 way!!) trip to pick up this 61 bubbletop and she's home safe with me now. I'm more known for my Ford Fairlanes but I've had a love for certain models of all the big 3. The 64-67 Chevy II and the 59-62 Impala are the top for GM and I now have one. It's a 283/2 speed car. I have both bumpers and inside the car is all the trim and a continental setup
. I don't plan to use that. She's currently locked up in my trailer because I have no room for her in the shop yet. I have to sell a Fairlane to get her in. It was planned anyways. I'm hoping to get started on the car next month after we take a family trip. I look forward to going thru the thread history and learning from you all and contributing as I can. Thanks!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Car Automotive tire

Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Car Hood

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Welcome to the site.

If the 4-Barrel is original, you have a 283 Power Pack (230 HP).

Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the power pack? A special model? I'm told that since it has a 1 piece front bumper, it's a Cali car. I have no clue yet. Trying to learn what I can. I like modifying cars, not keeping them stock. I've had to sell 2 cars because I didn't want to do that to them. I hope this isn't one of those. I finally got the trailer open and took some more pics. Lots of trim in the trunk and the other bucket seat is also. That's a relief.
Wood Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Pollution Scrap
Tire Wheel Bicycle Bicycle tire Automotive tire
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Wood Rim
Wood Composite material Engineering Automotive wheel system Beam

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A little searching and it seems this is a power pack package. I'm looking for production numbers now.

Plant Wood Brickwork Tints and shades Twig
Wood Gas Motor vehicle Auto part Metal
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Wood Gas

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
A Power Pack is just a name for the higher HP 283 in '61. I see that you also have the Power Pack heads there. Let us have the Letter or Letters from the Engine Code Pad and we can verify it for sure.

Also, that is correct, 1-Piece Bumpers are CA style Bumpers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought the trim plate under the hood was the vin. I can't get the door open yet as it's in my trailer still so I'll have to wait.Thanks!.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome friend, You and I both like similar cars Also similar space. I have some 1st gen novas and 2 60 chevys a bel air and a biscayne, some of mine are projects too. Good luck with your new find.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I thought the trim plate under the hood was the vin. I can't get the door open yet as it's in my trailer still so I'll have to wait.Thanks!.
For the Engine, we need the Suffix Code. It is a small Pad located at the bottom and the front of the Passenger Side Head. It is actually part of the Block.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I should have it in my shop and out of the trailer this week. Selling one car to make room but I have to let the snow melt. I'll post more when I can. I'm so anxious to get started on this car.

·
Super Moderator
3,546 Posts
Thats a nice project you've got on your hands there. Sounds like you've got some experience in doing this though so I'm sure it'll be sweet when done. They're pretty unique when they're done, that's for sure.

That trunk lid lip on the lid and the lip is looking pretty bad. Gonna take some skill or some donor car parts for that I think. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks. I have a body guy that is ready to handle the trunk. I sold one of my Fairlanes and as soon as it's on the transport, I can finally get this car into the shop and start cleaning and inventorying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts