Impalas.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Impala LTZ with the factory Bose system. I want to install a aftermarket cd player and I have heard that I either need to splice the speaker wires from the Bose amp to my new aftermarket HU, or is there a certain adapter that I can purchase to make this process easier? Any information will help, thanks guys.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi.... First off welcome....

Second, I wouldn't recommend touching your deck. Bose designs their speakers to work together with your deck to provide you with the best sound possible. Swapping out your current deck will only leave you with less of quality coming out of your speakers.

However, if you plan on doing this.... YES you will need an adapter. You will need a high level to low level adapter since Bose has low level outputs connected to an individual amp built into the individual speaker.

Tweaking with the current setup is just asking for trouble. With my Audi, I left everything stock and added an Alpine PDX 1000 Amp with an Alpine Type X sub and disconnected the Bose sub. That way you have the same great sound from your speakers but an good added amount of bass.

But if its just a new deck you are looking to add... Save yourself the money and headache and invest it elsewhere on your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts