Impalas.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am reassembling my 67 impala steering wheel after fixing cracks and painting.

I didn’t take these parts off so I’m not sure how they go back on. It seems like I am missing a trim ring around the SS center horn button. There’s quite a large gap and nothing to connect the button to. Internet searches have shown me a rubber horn mounting ring but I can’t verify that is for the impala. It says chevelle and Camaro. But classic industries mentioned the part number for the ring on their page for the horn button for the impala.

Other pictures of stock impala steering wheels seem to show a chrome trim ring around the button that I’m missing.

thanks!

Crankset Bicycle part Gear Automotive tire Rim

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll see if I can find one. I'll check on it in a day or two.
I did actually order one today from a guy on eBay before I saw your message. . I couldn’t find it new anywhere so I guess they aren’t reproduced. And I’m not sure what years interchange if any. The one I ordered actually has a button in it and is for a Camaro but he claimed it would fit impala.
Do you know if I need the rubber ring to mount it? I still don’t see how the trim ring will attach.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll see if I can find one. I'll check on it in a day or two.
I got my horn trim piece. I’m assuming it is the right one for the impala. The seller said it was for chevelle or impala and a couple others. My SS center cap fit in but I had to glue it because the tabs were broken off in the ring. But I still think I need some rubber mounting ring to stick it in the steering wheel center. There’s nothing I can see to hold it into the steering wheel

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

1 - 3 of 3 Posts