Impalas.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning! I am new to the site and appreciate being allowed to join. I am a long, long time old car and truck fan and collector of various brands and ages having owned dozens of collectable vehicles including a host of GM products. The only Impalas I have owned were both red 1965 2 door hardtops with PS, PBs, autos with 327 engines. They were both great cars. I am currently on the lookout for either a 63 or 64 Impala SS hardtop with A/C and in presentable driver condition. I have a friend who is the second owner of a beautiful, completely original, low mileage 64 SS convertible. This car has some options that I would think are pretty rare for a 64 convertible. The car is white with a blue interior with factory a/c, tilt steering wheel, 2 speed auto, PS, PBrakes and either a 283 or 327 engine. In talking with him we were wondering if there is any way to find out how many 64 Super Sports with these options were built. Does anyone know if that information is available from any source? Thanks again for being allowed to join IMPALAS.NET

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Welcome to the site.

There are a few members who are experts on production numbers that will drop in now and then.

Hopefully they will see your post soon in time.

Reactions: JKelly

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
There are no production numbers for combinations of options to that extent. You can find how many were produced with an engine/trans combination, or how many full size in a particular color or interior but no combination of various options. Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Paul for your response. I would have been very pleased if the information concerning number of cars produced by option combination was available. I cannot imagine there were very many produced with this particular combination of options. Thanks again Paul.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's hard to imagine GM would have a need for that kind of data collection, given that it's all on the build sheet & the car is delivered with those options and they come with quite a limited warranty period. I've no idea what the warranty period would've been in the 60's but in the 70's a brand new motorcycle was only 3 month's/1000km with the caveat of "whichever came first". And without the advantage of modern centralized computer databases collection & collation from all the dealers would have been quite a task.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts