Impalas.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they're safe, just not sure where. In any case I could use some help.

There's a page, I believe, in the chassis service manual with a listing of all the light bulbs. Could someone share that page with me or point me to a website with that info?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,519 Posts
My manuals are currently in storage. If you need to know any of the bulb types, just look it up on rockauto.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to make sure I’m not missing any, and I’m trying to translate them into LED. That’s why I’m looking for my manuals. RA is listing a bunch of parts that don’t exist on a 65. So their use as a resource is questionable.

Then there’s the color and lumens I have to match. The IP is 8000k, but I don’t have the intensity yet. This has turned into a rabbit hole that may end with soldering lights up from chips. The good thing here is that I have a source for those.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Without knowing what bulbs there are, I'm really not sure. For now, I need to know what bulb is used in the console compartment and the courtesy light to the rear. I won't need a light for the shift indicator, and Dakota Digital built a new rally clock that has LED backlighting to match the dash. I'll probably need more info as I dig further.

·
Super Moderator
13,089 Posts
Sylvania's web site lists all of the bulbs used in GM cars by year and model. List is complete including optional bulbs used in console or glove box as well as courtesy lights.

Big Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Big Dave, That looks like a great resource. Still not seeing the console lights. I'm probably looking right at them and referring to them as something else.

·
Super Moderator
13,089 Posts
Console bulbs differed in location. Rear of console shining down in rear seat foot wells took one bulb; and the interior of the console (console glove box) took a different bulb. Can't remember the numbers off the top of my head.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Console bulbs differed in location. Rear of console shining down in rear seat foot wells took one bulb; and the interior of the console (console glove box) took a different bulb. Can't remember the numbers off the top of my head.
Yes, Those are the two I'm not able to get a positive ID on. I think the rear light is a 211-2 or 576 that's listed as a Dome Light, but this may be for the 4 door & wagon. There's also a "Map Light" 561 0r 562 that could be intended for that location.

The console glovebox light is an issue too.

If all else fails, I could simply wait until I move the car and and unpack everything for an "eyes on" confirmation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts