Impalas.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need this part and couldn't find one that isn't either warped or crumbling. So I made one. This is a prototype made out of cheap material to test for fit.

When attempting to assemble this one, the insert didn't fit right. This led me to believe there was something wrong with it. However, inspecting the original parts revealed the problem was with them rather than the new one.

Going to try to get a finished part made out of better material in the next couple weeks.
Wood Automotive exterior Rectangle Automotive design Plywood

Wood Rectangle Gas Composite material Concrete

Rectangle Wood Fixture Gas Metal

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can you make lower AC dash pads too?? Need them in Blue!
I’m new to this, and just getting started, but I’m sure they could be. The larger part may be problematic. Getting a color to match original colors would be next to impossible too. So I would count on painting.

I had the three parts I’m working with now scanned. Still trying to decide if it’s worth the investment to buy the equipment and software for that.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That vent looks Great!

I get the painting part...

Those lower dash pads for AC cars sell for about $1000 a set...if you can find them... FYI

And they are a metal base with studs wrapped in vinyl, so a printed base with vinyl cover would look great!

Not that I need a set.. but you could sell them to those that do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts