Impalas.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I have a 1967 Bel Air. I have pulled the inline 6 and will be putting in a 383 blueprint crate motor (ideally the week after christmas).

After doing some research, it is clear the frame mounts that the engine mounts attach to need to be swapped to the v8 ones, but my question is, which ones? I have seen conflicting information so I am not certain what to buy. Do I find the 65-66 frame mounts I have seen in some places, or a different set since I have a 1967. I know there are quite a few out there by good mark that appear to "look" correct.

Anybody who has done the swap or is familiar with the correct mounts I need, I could really use the assistance.

· Registered
1,590 Posts
Unless something has recently changed, I don't believe any are being reproduced for a Full Size Chevy car. All V-8 Engine Frame Mounts are the same, '65 to '70, except they are Short Mounts and Tall Mounts. One is just a little higher than the other. I would select your Motor Mount first and see if it specifies anything about the Frame Mount.

The '65 to '70 Frame Mount has been somewhat of a mystery through the years. I've seen 2 two cars, side by side, same year, same engine, but one had the short and the other the tall mount.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, good to know. I bought a set and have them coming. I think they maybe short. The good thing is, short or tall, I can modify them and re-weld if need be. Thanks for the information!

· Registered
1,590 Posts
Should be no need to modify or re-weld. Did you find a new set somewhere?

· Registered
1,590 Posts
Those are used/re-conditioned which are actually better than if someone had re-produced ones available. As mentioned earlier, I didn't believe anyone was making new ones yet for a full size Chevy. By the measurements on Southeast's site, it looks like you have a set of tall mounts, which should work just fine for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts