Impalas.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day I ordered (and received) the assembly manuals for my 68 and 61 impalas.:thumbsup: I was hoping to find some information on the replacement bulbs for the instrument cluster. The manuals do show what harness goes to where (direction signals, temp guage, etc.) but it does not tell me what the bulb type is (194, 1895, etc.). Does anyone know how many I would need to replace all the bulbs in the dash for both cars? I know I can get that info by pulling the dash, but I am hoping to be able to buy the bulbs first without pulling the instrument cluster out to see what type and how many there are. The guides I've seen mention that my 68 will use 1895 and 194 type and my 61 will use 53 and 57 types... anybody know exactly how many of each type I will need? :confused:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumbsup: That's the site I used to get the bulb type information. I think I'll just order about 8 each of the bulbs and hope that will be enough. I have a bunch of the 194's, but don't recall seeing the 1895's so I'll get some of those and a few of the 53 and 57 types for my 61. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts