Impalas.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the profile comparison of Keisler T45RS v. Muncie:

- Notice the Muncie is actually taller than T45RS at the case/extension joint

- Originally designed and made in Muncie, IN. The Muncie (est. 1929) and Warner gear (est. 1919) plants were just 3 miles apart!

- Fully synchronized including reverse, Muncie has no reverse synchronization.

- Same weight as Tremec TKO

- Low profile main case design fits many cars as well as Muncie, IN THAT AREA. Fits better than TKO IN THAT AREA ONLY.

- Not as broad as TKO due to single rail shift design but still broader than the Muncie.

- Much larger gears than the T5 equalling much greater strength. DO NOT CONFUSE T45RS WITH T5, THEY ARE GREATLY DIFFERENT.

- T45RS shares the same synchro parts as its big brother T56 6 speed for superior shift quality.

The Keisler T45RS has proven to be a robust and reliable 5 speed overdrive transmission. It is an excellent lower cost option to the TKO for those who do not require the TKOs strength or are working on a lower budget.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
would this transmission fit in a 62' Impala? I currently have a 62' T10 that needs a rebuild, and have been considering a swap to a 5 speed instead of rebuilding the 4 speed. The car will have a 409 with some where between 350 - 400hp. What is the cost and what kinda of modifications am I looking at to do this.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would this transmission fit in a 62' Impala? I currently have a 62' T10 that needs a rebuild, and have been considering a swap to a 5 speed instead of rebuilding the 4 speed. The car will have a 409 with some where between 350 - 400hp. What is the cost and what kinda of modifications am I looking at to do this.
We have not verified fitment just yet in the Impala. I would say use the attached photo in the post to gauge where you may or may not have interference issues.

The TKO fits the Impala well with minor tunnel adjustments. The T45RS sits lower in the tunnel and my knee jerk response is tunnel cutting may not be necessary over the top of the trans but I would expect some in the shifter area.

Pricing for the 425 ft. lb. basic kit modified for your shifter position is $2095.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts