Impalas.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I've had a number of people ask me to recommend to them honest and trustworthy mechanics, repair shops, or autobody shops where they could take their classic Chevy. Unfortunately, I only know a few. This is where I could use your help. I'd love to compile a list of recommended shops with their info to freely give away to people who need it. I know that I would love to have this if I was restoring my car or simply needed some maintenance work. I'm not limiting it to any state ... so, wherever you are you can contribute.

Answer the following questions:
1) What's the name of the shop?
2) What's their phone number?
3) What's their website (if they have one)?
4) What's the city, state

If you don't have all that information just fill it out the best you can. If you want to give more info like a contact name and what kind of work you would recommend you can add that.

Thanks ... I think this will be a great resource for people.

·
Super Moderator
3,465 Posts
I'm pretty reserved about my 'vouching', I take that pretty seriously.

Two places that I have multiple experiences with, and am always impressed with the work are:

1. Jim Unger Racing, www.jimungerracing.com, Dayton Ohio
(does chassis welding, rear-end setup, roll-cages, etc. Specializes in drag race set-ups)
2. Mike Brown Auto-Body, no website, Brookville Ohio. (937) 833-4623
(all things auto-body, even some custom work like the flush mounted windshield on my 69 Camaro)

·
Super Moderator
2,916 Posts
I can also recommend Mike Brown Auto Body. I've known him sense 1971 in high school. Best dam body shop in Ohio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts