Impalas.net banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a 1967 4 door chevy impala with the 283 small block v8 i only have 3,000 at the moment been saving for a while im trying to get a project car for me and my dad before i turn 18 next year . But i can only pick up in VA

·
Registered
452 Posts
Virginia only ,eh? you might be looking for awhile unless you get lucky with a southern car.

what about a Bel Air instead of an Impala? I'm guessing you're aiming for a SuperNatural clone? and in that case it doesn't really matter if it is 6cyl since you can always get a different motor.

you got anything for him @62BillT ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I found mine in 2011, I was looking for 3 years but they're much rarer here of course. There's an importer on our east coast that used to bring in lots of LHD's, but I wanted RHD, back then they used to sell somewhere in the AU$7500 - $15000 range like in this old ad of theirs, as the years passed the prices just went up & up to more like AU$20-$30K, it wasn't because the cars they were getting were better either, just harder for them to find & more expensive I guess. I still look at their stock from time to time, but I haven't seen one on their website for quite a few years.

I think it's going to be tough to get one so cheap now unless you can find one in a wrecking yard that's still savable. I just did a quick search in google images & found this one for sale but as you can see it's a pretty tough gig & would require some good skills along with some good used parts to bring it back.

Curious to know what parts you might have 62BillT.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Curious to know what parts you might have 62BillT.
I've got about 88 Full Size Chevy cars here from '53 to '73, but '67 is one of my weakest years. I've only got 3. I have 2 Impala 2-Dr HT cars and 1 Bel-Air Wagon. Also a few misc '67 parts. Best thing is to let me know what you could use and I can check to see what I have. Some '68 parts will also fit. I have 5 '68's.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yeah ok no worries, I don't think you'll have them then. In need of a couple of 4 door specific parts like the 2 plastic pillar covers in red on what would be your passenger side and a bracket i'm missing under the car which I think would probably also be on a convertible but not other models. Cheers anyway.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
The Center Pillar Covers should also be the same in '68. I'll double-check but believe I sold mine. I have a '68 4-Dr HT. Tell me more about the Bracket that you are looking for.

·
Registered
229 Posts
It's this one. It mounts on both sides from frame to body near where the park brake cable passes through the frame before the rear wheel, I only have one on one side, so missing all the bolts & grommet etc too.

Wood Bumper Tints and shades Gas Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I can check, but I've never seen anything like it. Does not look original to me. Looks like someone made it. Have you ever seen one on another car other than yours?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ok no worries I thought it looked pretty original, see how you go I guess. I've only ever seen two other pillarless 4 doors in Perth one was 67 the other a 68 & both were at different car shows, so no didn't get to see the underside.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well, mhunt3420 maybe I was wrong, looks like there are still some bargains out there if you're in the right place at the right time. Have a look at the video posted by 62BillT at around the 52-minute mark where the video shows the sale prices of some of the cars, there's a Caprice that sold for 2K at around the 53-minute mark, so don't give up, maybe there's one out there somewhere just waiting for you.

·
Registered
1967 Impala SS 427
71 Posts
Much to what the guys are saying above, the show Supernatural has completely inflated the price of 4 doors. My first car in 1983 was a 1967 Impala SS 327 AND IN 1983 IT WAS $2500. I really love that at your age, you want to do a 1967 but unfortunately you're gonna be in the $8k-$10K range and unless you luck out, the car will need another $10k-$20 or more depending on how nice of a finished product you want. I just picked up a 1967 Impala SS 427 and it is a total restoration project. I stole it at $12k but once completed I will have $55k in it...and that is with me doing EVERYTHING! Good luck!!!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Seems like we have just a 1 poster here. I even sent him a PM, but no results.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Yeah sorry about that I'm not real savvy on sending pictures, I'll see what I can do.
I was referring to the original poster.

Seems like he has dis-appeared.

That '67 looks real solid.

I also see some other interesting cars in the back ground.

Reactions: BA.

·
Registered
19 Posts
sadly in a way we call it derby land, we don't derby any more so a lot of the cars are for parts. I can get some pics of the quarters if anyone wants them, this is a Montana car so relatively solid but then again it's in Montana so getting it to a new home might not be cheep. there is a 71 Impala 4 door next to it and a mix of cars around.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts