Impalas.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. I'm restoring a 67 convertible. Couple of days ago I put the top down when I was checking to see if it all works. When I put the top back up, I noticed a pretty severe scuff mark that was made by the top frame. Here is a picture of it. Any ideas why the frame would damage the top when I put it down?

Also, another question, should the top frame be lubricated in any way? I'm thinking probably not as it would be quite hard to keep any greese or oil away from the top itself but was just wondering.

For the lubrication question.. notice the joints in the picture how they are rusted a bit? Maybe just a drop of household oil here or is it not necessary?

Thanks!

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
I can't tell WHICH bar made that scuff - but I'd be a bit worried, too. I can tell you that I DO use just a drop or two on my convertible (plymouth) every spring, to keep things moving smoothly.. but just a drop or two. I'll be interested to see what others say. Hey: At least it's not a "Scissor-Top" ... ('71 - '75) they're scarier than you can imagine!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I think some padding could be added to the corners of the ribs of the frame to stop that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts